Saint Michael’s Home: A Mission of Faith and Love
In 1957, having seen the need for a facility to serve the growing number of Greek Orthodox elderly, Archbishop Michael appointed the first Board of Trustees of St. Michael’s under the aegis of the Archdiocese.
Over the years having earned a stellar reputation, greater demands for its services have been placed on St. Michael’s. The Home has outgrown its current facility and further expansion at the current location is not possible because of the limited size of the property offer.
After an exhaustive search, the Board of Trustees has purchased a new locale on Long Island upon which to establish a state-of-the-art continuum care facility, accommodating more residents and offering higher levels of care. With this step we have embarked on the next phase of our expansion, a capital campaign to raise the necessary funds to develop our new home.